Saturday, 29 August 2015

Abbi Glines - When You’re Back - Book Review (Review Copy)


Publisher: Simon & Schuster UK, 2015.
Genre: New Adult.
Length: 258 pages.

Ooh, a few unexpected twists and turns in this sequel to When I’m Gone. *Spoiler alert: You need to read that book first before reading When You’re Back*.

Reese is taking the leap and moving to Texas to be with Mase. But, not before she spends time with the family she’d never known after her father suddenly appeared on her doorstep in Rosemary Beach. After having that shock and enduring all the setbacks that have kept her and Mase apart, she’s ready to take their long distance relationship into close quarters.

Texas has other plans, throwing up more hurdles for them to jump in the form of a jealous cousin and an enigma named Major, to start with. Major happens to be Blaire Finlay’s brother. He seems to pop up wherever Reese is, watching her, flirting with her and putting her on edge. As Reese’s independence and confidence grows, will Texas be the thing that finally pulls them apart?

I had some catching up to do on Abbi’s books, so I’ve just read four consecutively. I started to lose a bit of steam as I got to When I’m Gone. Then I perked right back up with this one. I really like Mase and Reese’s story. Especially how he sees her worth, potential and takes charge of getting her the help she needs, with some assistance from a Kerrington Country Club fave of mine, Jimmy.

I think I liked When You’re Back more because Reese is finding her footing, growing as a person and feeling more valuable as she takes on a new challenge. I still think I would have liked her to own it more and not be so disbelieving of her own charms.

It also helps that they are finally living in the same state. The introduction of the competition, the magnetic, compelling Major, kept me flipping the pages to see what happens. I can’t wait to read his story.

Those weren’t the only surprises in store. You’ll just have to read it to find out. 

4.5 Flares

*Review Copy generously provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*





Cheers

Aussies can grab the paperback for $17.99.





2 comments:

  1. I haven't read one of her books just yet, but I've been wanting to! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Start with the Vincent Boys!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I luurve to read comments. It might take a while for me to reply because, unless you're in Oz, I'm in a different timezone. I will reply. Have a great day/ night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...