Friday, 23 December 2016

Warbling Me - 2016 Wrap Up


Hello again lovely readers. Here we are, finally at the end of the God-awful year 2016. If this year was an animal, it would fart vomit and vomit poo. It would snarl and bite and claw until its victim was a bloody mess of torn parts on the ground. Okay, I’m being overly dramatic, but hallelujah it’s nearly over.
I’m a private person, and I really don’t want to bore you with my rubbish, but I’ll let you in on a private joke. You might’ve been wondering why the heck I’d call my romance blog The Flare Up. Am I referring to what might happen if you don’t practise safe sex, or what? My tag line is Stories with romantic flare, so the name fits with that. But I also suffer from several autoimmune diseases. When I’m under a heap of stress I get a flare up that knocks me down for weeks, if not months. So, The Flare Up was me making a lame joke of myself. You’ve got to laugh, right?
I know things could have been worse, and have been worse for some of my friends, but the events of this year had just about snuffed out my muse for good. The stories are still there in the background waiting for me to get my shit together, and I’m so thankful that they have stuck by me. It’s driven me nuts not being able to publish to my original schedule, but I’ve learned that sometimes I just need to give myself a break.
Now that that’s out of my system I’ll share my hopes and dreams for 2017 with you.

I hope that you all have a safe and happy holiday season.


via GIPHY

I hope I can handle a slice of cheesecake and pavlova on Christmas Day.



via GIPHY

I hope my kids continue to grow into the beautiful souls that they are.


I hope DT can make America great again.



via GIPHY

I hope I get to meet at least some of you at signing events next year.


via GIPHY

I hope that you’ll all love my stories as much as I do.



I hope Santa finds the cookies.



I hope that you experience the love that you deserve.

via GIPHY

I hope your hopes and dreams come true (only the good dreams).


via GIPHY

I hope my friends and family can understand and forgive me for my absence this year.


via GIPHY

I hope the world can find some peace.


via GIPHY

I hope my editor is ready for next year, it’s going to be a big one.

Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, and jolly whatever it is you celebrate. See you next year, guys!
I'll be back in January with a character interview, starring Chelsea from Finding Home.
Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. Merry almost Christmas! I'm sorry 2016 gave you a kick in the butt, too. Ours was with the herd. We had such a rough year with them but going into 2017 with the attitude it'll kick ass in a good way. lol Hope you have a great Christmas day with your family. I totally giggled at some of the gifs. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you've had a bad year, too. So sorry for all your heartache. We lost one of our fur babies this year. It was devastating. Let's hope we can both rock 2017! Glad you got a laugh. Have a happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by, too. <3

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I luurve to read comments. It might take a while for me to reply because, unless you're in Oz, I'm in a different timezone. I will reply. Have a great day/ night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...